This workshop aims to give spoken word artists an opportunity to share their work and receive feedback.
This 2-day workshop will be moderated by spoken word artist Farah Chamma.
We are hoping to inspire the artists during the workshop, so that they are able to perform their pieces in our soon-to-be announced poetry event!
What we will do in these sessions?
Session 1 – Saturday, May 20th from 4 to 6pm
– Initial performance: every participant gets to perform his/her piece to the rest of the group.
– Filming the performance: a film camera will be present, in order to self-revise and rehearse.
– Critiquing the performance: feedback from Farah and rest of the group.
– Sharing tips and advice on effective performance methods.
Session 2 – Friday, May 26th from 4 to 6pm
– Group exercise
– Watch videos of established performers for inspiration and observational learning.
– Final performance + final critique
We will then be organizing a poetry event during the month of June in order for the participants to get the chance to perform live in front of an audience.
– You MUST attend the workshop with one or two poems you have written to perform.
– We recommend that you have your pieces memorized before attending the workshop.
– This workshop will be conducted in English; however, it is open for those who would like to perform in other languages.
RESERVE A SPOT
You can reserve your spot by emailing your interest to email@example.com or by calling +971 (50) 358 5042
Remember seats are limited (15 only) and are on a first-come-first-serve basis
12th floor – Control Tower
Farah Chamma is an established spoken word performer. She has performed in Dubai, Casablanca, Sao Paolo, London, Paris and various other cities. She is currently teaching Spanish in a school in Dubai and is a huge contributor to the cause of the Poetryhood.